There is enormous potential for the hospitality industry to expand in Africa. The long term trends suggest that there is a positive future to be had. Continued economic growth and improved infrastructure is giving companies a strong environment to work in.
The hotel market in Africa is still relatively new so there are gaps to be filled, new customers to be reached and new services to be offered. There is great scope for experienced companies to find their place in Africa. Discussing the African economy are:
- Daniel Silke, Political Analyst & Keynote Speaker, Political Futures Consulting on democratisation in Africa
- Philippe Baretaud, SVP, Development Europe, Middle East & Africa, Accor SA on the African economy in five years
- David Harper, Head of Property Services, Hotel Partners Africa on Africa’s hotel shortage and economic growth
- Filippo Sona, Director – Head of Hotels & Hospitality (MENA Region), Colliers International on Africa offering a virgin market as well as economic growth
If you’ve been sent to this page and you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do see here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interview from industry conferences such as the IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.
An established market like Europe is one which comes with intrigue, pitfalls and opportunity. The harsh reality of the recession has allowed businesses to reassess and re-analyse growth strategies for their organisations.
There is no doubt that Europe is a complex environment with huge opportunities in certain markets, next to markets which you would struggle to understand any involvement at all. In this briefing we hear expert opinions on the European market and the optimism they see for the continent. Including comment from:
- Majid Mangalji, President of Westmont Hospitality Group on the difficult times Europe has faced
- Philippe Baretaud, SVP – Head of Development Europe, Middle East & Africa for Accor SA on exponential expansion for Eastern Europe
- Patrick Sanville, Director – Hotels of BNP Paribas Real Estate on the silver lining the recession has bought
- Nick Skea-Strachan, Partner – Hotels of Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP on Southern Europe continuing to struggle
If you’ve been sent to this page but you’re not yet on the circulation list to receive these regular briefings and you would like to sign up, you can do so here. It’s free.
Video clips produced by ybc.hpgcms.wpengine.com for the Hospitality Channel, including interviews from industry conferences such as the IHIF conference as well as specific Hospitality Channel shoots.